Monday 15 June 2015

Preping for a Party

I have a yet unknown number of friends coming over tomorrow to paint. I don't expect to be overwhelmed, but I've put it out there that, I will welcome them any Tuesday this month.
Why Tuesday? No special reason, but I knew I could never coordinate the group so I've left it as a "come when you" can sort of invite.
I expect the groups to be small but I will be able to spend time with each person this way.

When I took all my supplies north, the weather was awful and I didn't premix very much. This time I thought I 'd do better.
If you know anything about photography or paint mixing you know that YELLOW is one of the more critical colours. In fact it this one I've run out of. I have enough for a few weeks, mind you, as this painting is really quite diluted, but I had to reorder. I ordered from Dharma Trading in the US this time instead of G&S in Toronto. Why? because they had a fabulous price for THIS..........


Setascrib Pens. Yes! All those really fine lines I want to draw instead of stitch. ( hmmmmm...... tiny tree branches, features on animals faces. I can think Of a lot of uses.
Oh yes and a litre of yellow Setacolour translucent paint.

That's sitting in Buffalo and in a few days we'll travel down, have a great dinner in this little Pub we found that's actually a Belgian brew house and bring back my goodies ( along with all the other stuff Hubby has waiting at the PO there.)

But IN THE MEAN TIME, I readied 10 yds of material and prepped a rainbow.





I was using squeeze bottles from the $store but they tended to leak. Until I get to a restaurant supplier and look at their condiment bottles, I switched to 500 ml water bottles. They're pretty indestructible and the colour is clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment