Tuesday 2 June 2015

Baby Bear - 3 Hours of stitching

This is what it gets you.
This is very difficult for me to photograph and from a distances it's barely there. But when you examine the trees up close you see the detail. This piece is all about detail. Pine needle detail.
Do I have a PLAN? Heaven's NO. I just add more until its RIGHT.

 This is backside of what I'm trying to show.


 
It looks and feels really heavy.. while you're stitching but it seems really thin from a distance.
 
The are two different colours there but no tree has that few colours in its foliage. So the next pass I dropped the darkest and added a lighter green. This better defines the newer needles and adds a lift in colour. It actually brings out the original colours as well.
 
 
 And..................................I might just call it quits. The lower branch is an easy finish. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment