Tuesday 2 June 2015

Baby Bear - Final

I spent the rest of the afternoon tightening up this piece. The sky was densely meandered. This was necessary ( and I don't like doing it after the fact ) because I had inserted pieces of the blue material and worked the green without stitching it down. It had shifted and buckled in spots, The meander rid the sections of that.
The green background was also stitched with a darker poly in starburst patterns. I mimicked the design of the material. I have never been able to decide if this design was cedar, or lichen. If it was pink it would be a great coral.

The overall size was reduced in length and ended up at 18x24. A small light green insert and the binding in the background colour, finished this little guy.

 
On to Papa......tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment