When I did a trial on material, the bush lost all life, there was no play between the top thread and the bobbin thread.
Now I know how to finish the foreground with these larger shrubs bursting into leaf.
I rediscovered first hand that my Janome thread paints differently that the Juki. So I had to adjust the speed to get the density. When you're not used to running your domestic machine at almost top speed it can be a little daunting. I had discovered quite awhile ago that when the Janome has had enough it quits.... until it resets itself..about 30 sec.
The other annoying thing about hooping with the Janome is, the hoops will not slide under the pressure foot. I have to take off the FMQ foot each time to put it under and take it out. Sigh!
But I persevered and did the largest of the dogwoods, about 6. I had used up a bobbin of florescent lime green and substituted just normal lime green. When there are together, the difference isn't noticeable.
Other than stitching it all down..... I think I can say the right side is finished. The front rows show that first flush of spring growth, just what I was after.
There is a long way to go with this yet. The rest of the trees need to be detailed and there are many more shrubs to be made.
I've looking at a rather busy week ahead so I think my time will be limited, between work, expected company, CLEANING for the company pre-cooking for the company AND the Quilt Show.
I don't foresee much free time for sewing and posting.
Maybe the next time I post .............. I'll post the finished piece.