Thursday 18 June 2015

Painted Fabric Series 2 - Sky

I thought I'd focus on one genre, making some dedicated cloth rather than jumping around.
Today was sky.

I did 7 pieces. Some were great, some so so, and some will be used elsewhere. That's how it goes.

The first two are rather simple,
grades of diluted blue and the second with additional colour.




This one was "tarted" up a bit with salt.
It's okay but not great.



Less blue and a little pink probably makes this the best sky of the day.


I rooted around in a few boxes and found a sea sponge.
Tried and true, it produced a great cloth but I can't decide whether it's sky or water!




I'd been wanting to try using the opaque Pearl to see if it would work for clouds.

A definite NO.
I had been thinking of white ink. I'll try that next time.
The issue with the seta translucent is there is no white.




This produced a beautiful piece of MARBLE.
Maybe parts could be used for sky.....?
 And the last two are just  Duds.

I will find a use for them but not as prominent sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment