Saturday 13 June 2015

Other Cloth

I really hate to throw away any of the mixed colours, so, after I transferred the paint to other containers,  I had the perfect use for the left overs.


I use the dyed cheesecloth in number of places; to mute colour that is too strong or to add a little texture in an otherwise dull spot. Dying it couldn't be easier.

After stuffing whole pieces into a small jar, I add the rinse water from the empty bottles of paint. They can be mixed on the spot.


Only a little liquid is necessary. Cap the jar and agitate the contents until all the white is gone.
The more it is agitated the more homogenous the colour will be. 


 Things are always darker when wet. When the pieces of cloth are dry and opened out you have some very subtle colour that can be used in many ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment