Saturday 13 June 2015

Fabric - Spring Green

One of the reasons I started painting my own cloth is directly related to Batiks. They are readily available but not always at a price I want to pay. There seems to be a steady roll over in the market. as well. Most manufacturers are getting on that band wagon and a lot of lines are here today, gone tomorrow. Woe to you if you run out and try to find something again.

True batiks are stamped. I've not done much of that because I didn't like the selections I've seen, and their prices are obscene.
So I'm making my own. Using $store foam sheets and craft glue I put together some .....leaves of course.

3 layers gives me a pretty good stamp. If I find the need to add a solid backing I can do that later.

 I started today with a nice Acid Spring Green; simple wet wash, and then rumpled to dry.


Then I started stamping. 3 different shades with a drying time and heat set between each one.
(That's why it's nice to work on a few things at once.)

Working in my yard today I was caught by the humidity.
Overdressed!
I'll live.


Each layer of leaves is a shade darker.
I stopped here today.
This may be enough or I may add more.
I'll leave this on my wall for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment