Friday, 13 January 2017

Summer - Day 3

I started the day doing what I should have done from the start. I cut this piece in two. I thought about but didn't act until it was time to stitch. The smaller piece makes everything more secure and easier to handle.

I inserted a small triangular piece at the left to taper the dark area under the netting. Then I stitched. That took about 3 hours.
Beginning again, I added 20 slivers of cloth for the birch boles .
More "leaves" and more (trees) threads and cord. It's important to work right to the edges, even if you end up cutting it down.

To finish the day, another layer under tulle.