Saturday, 21 January 2017

Summer - Day 11

I spent most of the morning correcting a machine error.
I attached the major trees using a blind hem stitch. My new machine gave me a much tighter stitching pattern The result was the trees looked pinched along the outer edges. I ignored it for a while. I was trying to avoid dressing these edges. I had done it in the past and though effective it was a very time and labour intensive task.

After deciding I had no alternative, I used that as an opportune time to mount the whole piece to the batting and backing. While the resulting mass of material was very heavy and awkward, it accomplished the two goals.

The piece is evenly anchored to the backing and the edges of the trees no longer have that artificial look.
Compare yesterday to today.