Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Winter Brook - Day 5

Almost there.
I decided on 3 solid colours, actually 5. 3 were so close and in small amounts I decided to blend them.
Rather than fussy cut a lot of curvy pieces, I cut strips between 1.5 and 2 inches wide. These were cut into diamonds and triangles. Some extra cutting allowed me to custom fit where necessary.


In placing these, there is a pattern. Trees grow in certain ways. The "branches" were placed from bottom to top to create overlay. They were also placed in column. I tried to deal with individual trees each time, tucking under or over a neighbour.


I placed a piece of black material at the top to help fill the shadowy areas.

Two of the 3 colours are almost done. Time for Lunch!