Wednesday 11 November 2015

Wicca Moon - Day 4

It took me awhile to decide which symbol to feature in this piece.
I settled on the Triquetra, the modern interpretation being the connection of mind, body and soul. The original Celtic-based Pagan symbol for the three realms of earth, sea and sky.




I had intended to render it in a glossy white metallic, but as the thread would not cooperate today, I ended up stitching it in sliver and then giving it a touch of pearl paint.

I added a light layer of angelina, secured with netting to add a hint of Northern lights.
There is still a lot of unquilted black. Right now, I'm leaning towards adding the 5 symbols of the pentagram: self, spirit, fire, air and water, not as a feature but to be present, stitched in black, as a texture rather than a visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment