Sunday 29 November 2015

Blessing in Disguise

I was cooking.
I was using my WONDERFUL cast iron dutch oven.
I bent to put it in the oven.
I hurt my back. I had been sore and muscle tired from the gardening last week and the pot was just to heavy.
I've done nothing for 3 days.
Well no. I sat for 3 days.........................................................................................

and FINISHED MY JANE STICKLE QUILT BLOCKS.  ( well the 169 interior blocks.)


(And that's the last time I'll do all the easy ones first!)

Now I'm trying to decide whether to do the exterior wedge blocks. 56 more......and they're bigger and more complex. I have the  material for that.
The REAL issue is I do not have enough of the base material to FINISH  this quilt.
I don't have enough to sash it.
I need to choose another fabric.

(Did I mention it all hand stitched?   Silly me..what was I thinking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment