Thursday 2 April 2015

Blossom by Blossom

You just never know what you're letting yourself in for when you start a new project.
After I finished cutting, stitching and drawing up a whole Fat Quarter of connected circles, I realized I'm going to have to do another whole FQ to get the density of blossom that I think I need. (Fingers are getting a little sore already.)

 
 
I've already used the bottom piece and I started on the upper one today. The addition of the pale green will add some of that "new blossom" feel.
 
I started exploring pictures of Hydrangea in gardens and found a few pics of branches poking thru the fence. That's where I'm heading right now. Maybe wrought iron?
 
All these little bits don't look like very much, do they? But the addition of the pale green really stands out and adds a nice mix.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment