Working on this piece reminds me of the potted Hydrangea my mother would place in the front window at Easter. She didn't like lilies. She found their smell cloying.
When I work on a piece I put it up at the end of the day as my screen saver, so I can keep the changes and the "what next" in front of me most of the time. No different with this one, and I quickly decided it wasn't done yet. It needed a bigger flower to add some weight. It would bring the number up to seven and as we know odd numbers are more pleasing in some art forms.
So I spent around 6 hours today making a flower. Mind you breakfast was in there and a load of laundry but I assembled a bigger one from four smaller pieces. My fingers are sore but I think I've got it this time. Pima cotton is hard and the addition of paint adds a little more resistance.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......I need to rethink stems.