Wednesday, 3 August 2016

One More Image Transfer

I played a bit with the order of steps. I had produced a number of cloths with rust already, so I exposed them to the same treatment. Yes I changed a couple of things. I ran out of white vinegar so I used wine vinegar instead. And I tried a different combination of leaves in the pot. I actually let it all set for 5 whole hours. (I am getting better), but I was disappointed this time. My white cloth dried a very pale green.
I did go ahead and try pounding a few different plants.
I used elm leaves first, but they were too tough; I tried potato vine leaves but they were too thin; I tried my maple leaves again and they were just right ( Sorry for the fairy tale ref. haha)
I used a long skinny piece (squaring off my previously stained material) and finished it into a narrow hanging.
So far, those japanese maple leaves are proving to be stellar. I'll have to try other maple sp. next time.