Monday, 1 August 2016

Image Transfer - Final


I dithered for a while on how to finish this. In the end I traced the leaves in the centre and left the rest. After all this is not a competition piece where every sq.cm. has to be quilted. I like the slightly asymmetric framing. It was finished with simple stitching emphasizing the rectangle.

And, of course, because I liked this so much, I had to do it again.
But you know you can never do it again. It will be different!
I wanted a bit more rust on the fabric so after I washed the sizing out of some pure white, I gave it a rust treatment first, rather than adding the rust to the mix.
I'm actually going to let this sit for the recommended few days. Then I'll do more flower  pounding.