Friday 15 May 2015

Back to D&B. Birches and Dogwood - Day 13?

I've found it really hard to switch back to this piece. I thought I had solved all the problems and answered all the questions about i'ts assembly.
The Show came and went. I tackled the chair to get it out of my space. But I found it really hard to pick up where I left off.
I think I used the knowledge I was working afternoon for two whole weeks to prevent myself from diving back in.
We're going away this weekend, so it's hard to start something the day before.
Gardening got in the way too. (Actually after the two days of REALLY hot, we're back to damp cool spring weather...I'm tired of being cold...but not ready to jump to 35C.

In my half days I've made a few shrubs, ( that's getting really old). and played with colour and shading on the boles of the trees. Still not finished.. the white down the left sides is not bright.


And I realized I've been avoiding the last large tree. It's almost 1.5 inches in width.


 I wasn't sure that thread painting alone would give the density of the black bark. So I played with bits of netting and black organza. That seems to be the solution to get solid colour contrast without messy thread work.
The remainder of this work is going to be slow and micro in nature.
But it's delayed again.
And that's where I'll leave this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment