Friday 15 August 2014

When Does A Sow's Ear STOP Being A Sow's Ear

Lord I HATE when I'm between projects. And it shows. I've been cleaning up and came across an unfinished piece from last Fall. There was a reason I abandoned it.
I'm sure there is an equivalent in all languages but my title refers to a saying "You can't make a silk purse out  of a sow's (pig) ear."

But another view is sometimes, SOMETIMES you simply have to finish something for its value or beauty to show.

The reason I had so much difficulty with this dragonfly was I wanted to feature the fabric. Sort of back assward.
After you spend a lot of time fiddling with a piece and it still doesn't please you, you're in a hard place.
So I finished it.


Even looking at it on the screen I'm not proud of it. I LOVE the background fabric but..........
Some one may love it..... but it isn't me this time.
They just can't all be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment