Sunday, 5 March 2017

Back to the Swamp

The hold up on this one was primarily the fabric, and then it went to the end of the queue while I finished the Moonlight and wrestled with the barns.

Here is what I did with the material. A quick swish in "walnut" water nudged the brightness aside.



And then I cut out paper trees.

Now I just need to decide on the material and method for the trees. I want burnt orange.
With this one I intend to fully quilt the background to get a nice flow in the water.

BUT
I need to put the reflection on first. I would like to solve the problem of the organza draw up. It may be as simple as a different needle but I'd like to do this on the LA to minimize the distortion.