This was harder than I expected but it was my own fault. I decided to do a tracery of the motifs on this and I quickly realized it was going to drive me crazy.
Twitch muscles can only twitch so many times.
I took a lot of breaks.
But I persevered...........because that's what I do.
One of the reasons I chose to give myself so much work was because I remember Bed Spreads from the 50's that were so pretty but then the stitching or the quilting had nothing to do with the pattern. It drove me nuts. I couldn't come up with an over all meander or large repeating pattern that I thought would look nice.
So I did it this way.
The backing was a leap of faith. SOOOOO pink. And "cloudy" !! LOL
But the gold and blue in both tie them together.
I inserted a gold flange on the front before I attached the "pink" backing/binding to transition the orange/gold of the tulips to the Pink. I think I got away with it!
The other reason I "uber-quilted" this was to tie the backing to the front, by repeating the pattern.