Thursday 23 October 2014

Commisions

Just to make my life interesting, in the midst of working part time and assembling two pieces, I received an email from the Netherlands from a lovely woman who had purchased one of my Stellar Jays last May while she was in Golden B.C.
She graciously asked if I had another, and if not would I please make her a second.

This piece was actually made over a year ago at my yearly retreat in Algonquin Park with my other quilting ladies.
This is one of the reasons I carefully photograph and document most of my work. I have the original picture I worked from and pictures of the final piece.
So this is one she purchased. Thread painted and perched on a pine bough. And she would like it to be "just the same"
Aha! there's the rub. I can never make it the "same".

 
I made the cartoon today and will start this in a few days. I think I have all the thread.
BUT.....
I need to be further along with the Jelly Bean and the Tofino piece. I simply can't switch gears that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment