Tuesday 4 February 2014

What to do when you have CABIN FEVER

It was so nice to join other members of my quilting guild last Saturday, Feb 1 for a full day of sewing, chatting and eating. Our guild hosts a PPM's (Past President Mystery Quilt) several times a year. The limited participants are given scant information and arrive with their fabric choices and wait for further instructions. ( And we are shamelessly waited on with coffee, sumptuous food and IRONING. OMG! What's not to love.)
Last year's was such fun I happily joined in a again. (It took me almost a year to finish last years')

For my materials, I opened my stash and grabbed a handful of charm squares (5 inch blocks) I had accumulated over several years. These were all given to me by members of our Fibre Arts Group exchange, and I had a large selection of blues and greens. (Might these be my favourite colour?)

So I assembled all my blocks and now remains to arrange them, sew them together. This is not a large quilt and if I do decide to try to enlarge it to bed size, I have no more charm squares in these colours. I COULD cut material but that seems to me to defeat the point of this exercise, using up the charms. Do I add another colour, or will simply reconfiguring the design give me a pleasant and charming lap quilt?

Here's my first layout.

 
Not too bad, I suppose. Gradual progression of colours.
Stay tuned for more variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment