Tuesday 4 February 2014

OOPS

Well things can't always go along smoothly. We need a few humbling moments in out lives. So this is mine for January/February.
I'm in the process of un-quilting a queen size. Sigh.
I thought my idea was pretty good.
It's a batik. They originate from the far east. The symbols that come to mind were similar to the Henna designs that women apply. Why not on the Quilt. (I'm so clever) And I did them REALLY BIG.
IF I had chosen one and repeated it.. maybe, but I did 14, and I did them in dark purple.
Looked like a dogs breakfast, with no cohesion.
2 days of quilting,.......3 weeks and counting of un-quilting. (Gotta take a lot of breaks! )

whimper!
 
 



 
At the END I finally came up with a suitable design. Its still gotta go, I don't like the colour.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment