Monday 24 February 2014

"Between" Quilting

I would love to say I can churn out pieces of art anytime. But I can't. I have to wait until the next idea crystalizes. To keep busy, I quilt.
In January I started working on 3 quilts, at once: the "oops" quilt ( which by the way I have ALMOST finished "un-quilting") a small red and white quilt, ( I liked it SO much I'm working on a full size version, but I ran out of a fabric and had to order more so its still in the UFO pile) and a really lovely blue, grey, and white quilt. That one I finished today. But it too was not without its moments.
Carefully measured and assembled I discovered at the very end of its quilting I had miscut the backing (DUH) and I was short 2 inches! The quilt had to come off the longarm, have more backing attached and remounted on the longarm. Do you think it would cooperate? The long and the short of it was I ended up finishing the borders on my domestic sewing machine. I certainly have more admiration for those who stubbornly quilt on their domestics ALL the time.

I think a glass of wine MAY relieve the ache in my hands and shoulders. Might need two.

But it's finished. Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a manly looking quilt. Quilting on a small machine definitely has its challenges even if you have a large table behind and beside the machine. You sure get a work out manoeuvering all the fabric around. Long arm quilting can be so much more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete