Monday 17 February 2014

Deer in the Clearing

The composition is finished.
I may still add a few small trees, but my deer is in the picture.

There is still quite a bit of finishing to do here. I want to add snow to the trees etc, and I have to decide how to finish the sky. Right now I'm leaning towards a micro stippling. The snow is another issue. The fabric has rippled in a rather natural looking manner suggesting drifts and hollows. If I quilt it down these may be lost. Minimal quilting there is required.
The deer needs a few finishing touches as well. Probably another couple of days worth.

It's supposed to go above zero in a few days. A fitting finish to this stroll in the forest.


 

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see the beech leaves on trees and the deer in among them. Looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful! You captured the deers stance so well! Love the detail!

    ReplyDelete