Friday 7 February 2014

PPM Quilt update - Cabin Fever

My initial layout looks great. I've decided to replace that floral intruder with a lovely batik piece.
And here the slippery slope begins. I was trying to restrict myself to using only my charm squares and not cut anything, but oh the possibilities If I do.
I guess I really want a full size quilt and therein lies the problem.
I did come across one solution albeit a bit radical.

Here's the original.
 
This was the intended (by my hosts) layout. Very sweet and I would be happy with it if it weren't for the size. It would be a charming and unusual Baby quilt.
This was my first variation, Sash everything.
 
 
It does add an bit of interest as well, but still too small.
So I increased all the sashing to the width of the white fabric bars. And Voila! A Queen size.



Now the blocks appear to be floating. Nice. HOWEVER, I have to check to see if I have enough material. The white was a remnant.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very modern looking as well as large enough for a queen size.

    ReplyDelete