Monday 27 January 2014

The Cat and the Wisteria

This little piece started out as an exercise in architecture, a practice piece for a future project.
I found this picture, rather stark of a door in Tuscany? Italy? Mexico? Who knows. It certainly wasn't here and it looked WARM.
 
There was so much going on with the wood. But the walls, a little plain?
I thought I may as well enlarge it and add a flowering vine. Wisteria!

 
The door was fun with shades of grey thread. But the secret ingredient for the wood colour was simple crayon. This is an art piece. It won't be washed. And a little discoloring for the walls. I thought it looked pretty good. And the CAT. That WAS inspired.

I started on Wisteria. It was perfect. This shouldn't take too long?

 
It took almost a month.  I swear 5 gazillion French knots. But it was worth it. Just looking at it makes me feel warm. At lest while I sit in front of the fireplace. Framing and binding to finish.

 
Yeah there are 5 gazillion knots!
 



2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic piece! I hate working French knots so bravo to you. 5 squillion is too many for any soul, though I agree it makes a fantastic wisteria flower.

    ReplyDelete