Tuesday 21 October 2014

Jelly Bean Houses......Seriously!

So I'm bouncing back to my Jelly Bean House project while I'm waiting for the wash away Stabilizer to arrive.
While I was working on the Red Rock, I would take breaks from it by stitching some red fabric and red chiffon together in a folded pattern to resemble siding. It took quite a while.
Today I cut it in half and made it very long and thin to accommodate a door and upper story window only. About 18 inches x 9 inches
Trying to find a "head on" picture of an actual interesting door in St John's is nearly impossible. People take wide angle shots to get a long view of as many houses as possible. So I combed through the pictures and decided to manufacture one from a number that I liked.

As I'm using a red siding background I'm pretty limited to a white door and trim.......if I stay true to the actual pictures. I don't know if there are any regulation to mandate what combinations you're expected? to paint your house, but they are almost all really nice. There are a lot of white.

So far this is just a pencil draft but it gives me a size and placement to play with. Sorry the detail is just not there. (I need to change the batteries in my camera.)
Thinking of some dimensional work here.


No comments:

Post a Comment