Sunday 21 April 2019

Castle Rock - Day 6

This long Easter weekend was a good time to catch up on things and sleep...and energy.

Wednesday past I drove to Orillia from Guelph and gave two talks to two different guilds, the Orillia Quilters Guilt and the Evening Thread Quilt Guild. I had a great time and they certainly asked a lot of really meaty questions.

I didn't get into my hotel bed until well after 10 pm. Where as I thought I had slept, my energy level put me on the couch as soon as I arrived back home. I basically stayed there until Friday afternoon. The rain just encouraged me to spend Saturday there as well. I fit in a little Easter baking and read a good book.
Finally, today, Sunday I was back.

But after catching up on things around here I was left with only half a day.
But I wanted to try something I'd been thinking about. Getting it out of my head always lets me sleep better.

In order to save time, materials and lower my frustration levels I thought I'd combine constructing deciduous shrubs and evergreens with solvy and netting.


 Materials on the netting then overlaid with solvey for stitching


This piece of netting is actually very large, the width of the landscape and about a long. I will continue to layer the deciduous materials and the conifer stitching overlay, at least for about 6in+ down the piece.


I don't intend to remove the solvey until I go to attach it to the landscape. This does interfere with trying to get useful photos but...

1 comment:

  1. I embiggened the photos so I could see how you made the shrubs - very ingenious! I had some water soluble film in my stash, along with some 'Rinse Away'water soluble backing so had the brilliant idea I would use my precious scraps of film with a piece of the backing. Bad move - the backing simply doesn't wash out properly. Another lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete