Tuesday 16 April 2019

Castle Rock Forest - Day 5

A short day today, but I wanted to finish the colour blocking with an over lay of gauze.

My colour supply is getting low as I did little painting last summer and I had given some away at my last workshop. But what I had worked with a little bit of dipping in the dregs of my coffee.
Truly! Anything for the art. 😉
.
I re posted the bare cloth so the difference is clear. Much softer transitions. This is only glued in place and where I want to highlight the colour.....I simply cut it away.




The other thing I wanted to do was to use some of the 'shrubs' I stitched at Crieff. In hindsight, they weren't quite what I was after. So I got out my T shirt pens and then dipped them into coffee as well.
Now they blend into the background a little better.


These are stitched onto the upper left.

1 comment:

  1. Anything for the art is right! Tea and coffee work wonders to dull down too-bright fabrics for sure. I love your little shrubs!

    ReplyDelete