Monday 12 June 2017

Canada's 150 Birthday Logo - Free Pattern


At our fibre arts group meeting (the last for the year with a wonderful potluck supper), one of the group had made this paper pieced maple leaf. I really liked it!
While I was looking for other ideas relating to our country's birthday, I found this link. It is a gift from the Ottawa Guild in our nation's capital. There are 11 colours representing the 11 provinces and Territories in Canada

With the hot weather and waiting on repairmen, I started this in the cool of my basement work space and completed it this morning.

While I am not a fan of paper piecing, this was too cute. It turned out to be be very straightforward and the end result was really nice.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA ( well.....July 1.... 18 more days! )

Here is the link!
Happy sewing!


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3n2dm_6cH1YRTJ2dm1Qb3l0YnM/view

June 13 - Not quite sure what I'm going to do with this....just playing around.


4:00 pm - I ended up stitching it onto a bag. Just the thing to take to the CQA Show tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment