Monday 6 July 2015

5 Birch

For want of a better title that's what I'm calling it, for now?

I needed more "stuff" in the foreground as I moved forward. As luck would have it, it was a hot sultry day yesterday so I was able to make another piece of cloth in about an hour.
I didn't have a deep/messy green. This is early autumn and while not everything has turned, the greens are losing their intensity so molted and browned cloth was called for.

So after working and painting this new FQ, I immediately cut it into little pieces. Aw the sacrifice!






I know it doesn't look like much but it fills the location and is the right colour.

And yes 3 of the 5 birch are on board.






The last 2 big birch need to have their shapes tweaked a bit. And I can either add the canvas now or restitch the piece of canvas, after they are place.




Well I went ahead and stitched the other two trees. The canvas can wait till tomorrow.
So what do I have left? I have to decide how much stitching I want to do on the boles of the trees.
And then all I have to do is add red leaves.
These are my options. Should be great!



No comments:

Post a Comment