Monday 9 March 2015

Ooo - Quilting...That's new!!

Crunch time for some, particularly those wanting to enter a quilt in out guild's show in May.

I've got plans for this beauty, but my hold up is deciding how to quilt the edge: a continuation of the main motif , a separate item or a combination. This is one place where I really appreciate my EQ. I can duplicate a pattern, and print it to doodle on.




This is a EQ mock-up using my colours. This picture is yellow and the actual quilt is not.




Doodling is an important part of custom work. I have no computerized set up for my machine so all the quilting I do is free motion, or with my own custom pantograms.

This will take me a few days.
Steady work?
I think not.


We have agreed on the design. Boxed pebbles.
So doodles for the edge. Choices?





I totally ignore the fact there is a band and a 5 inch border, I can continue the pebble pattern right to the edge.

                             or



I partial extend the LAST pattern into the border and then fill the remaining boarder with pebbles.


                                                                                     or




I treat the border as a separate entity.


                               or





I partially extend a modified pattern into the border giving it a bit more emphasis.





I'll have to sleep on this for a bit, because I start with the border.
I'll let you know and post a pic when its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment