Saturday 14 March 2015

Combating Cabin Fever - Snow Dyeing

If you're not a winter sports enthusiast this is a pivotal time for those who live in the northern climes.
Cabin fever is real and it can be the most depressing and unproductive time of the year. We all scurry to find things to take our mind of the dull grey whether, and the dirty views as the snow begins to retreat.

After attending one of my group meetings, I had to rush home and try some SNOW DYEING. Basically rumpled fabric, damp and covered in snow with dye drizzled over. I used powdered RIT, because that's what I have. Leave it for roughly 24 hours, drain, rinse and Voila! Painted fabric.


WOW!
This has possibilities.  The key will be the rumble.
Too bad winter is almost over!!!!!!!
NO! Perish the thought.
I want it to end now, but I think I can squeeze in a little more of this before the snow is all gone.

Today? No! I'm off to feed my winter crazy in TO. Going to the Fawlty Towers Dinner theatre. Hope to laugh my self to a better mood.....and SPRING (in one week), after a very long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment