Friday 6 March 2015

Colours of the Rock

My Fibre Arts Group were over last night so I spent today finishing the mounting of our Jelly Bean House project. In Canada, Newfoundland is often referred to as The Rock so we elected to give our large wall hanging a more elegant name:

Colours of the Rock.

All I had left to do was slip stitch a back to the canvas support, add a hanging sleeve and introduce a ridged pole at the top. This is a heavy wall hanging with all the finished pieces and the canvas backing. Since we can't know whether it will be displayed on a rod or simply "pinned" to a backdrop, the rod is insurance that it will remain straight.

It occurred to me today as I was finishing this, I needed to "store" it until May 1. I really didn't want to fold it for almost 2 months. It would be very difficult to remove creases and some would fall across the pieces. So..........I hung it in my dining room.

Thanks Nellie, Ann, Anne, Ruth, Mary, Naomi, Lorelei, Dana and  Judy.
We will enjoy it very much!! LOL

If you live in the Guelph area COME TO THE SHOW. Royal City Quilters Guild.
(and girls if you want to come and admire your work some more, call me ,bring over some hand work and we'll have Tea!)










No comments:

Post a Comment