Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Swamp - midground

It wasn't necessary this time, to do the base of the cat-tail on netting. The space is larger and the stitch runs can be longer. The tendency for distortion is reduced. So I put three colours directly onto the canvas.

 
The positioning of the clumps of cat-tails is more noticeable now. I didn't want them in a straight row. Its easy to move them around, forward and backwards by putting in a few additional stitches.


I know what is going to be in the foreground, close ups of a few plants, but I'm also thinking I need to bring the purple of the Canadian milkweed forward as well. This is an opportunity to add lighter shades of purple and pink.
I'm also thinking I'm unhappy with the sky.
Hmmmmmmm. Tomorrow.