Wednesday 9 April 2014

Time to Finish the PPM Quilt

I guess quilting is my down time occupation. There isn't the intense focus required , as when I Thread paint. Only enough to keep your fingers out of the way of the rotary cutter and the needle on the sewing machine. (Touch wood, I've avoided both so far.)
I used my spare time at work, the last few weeks, to take apart the blocks form the original PPM. They were white with blue and green charm squares and when it was assembled it did nothing for me.

 
 
So I patiently un-picked the blocks. (Feels like I've been here before).
 

The white material won't be wasted. It will simply have to wait its turn anon.

I had played with the design in my EQ and decided I wanted to enlarge it all around with sashing.


That was all well and good but still boring, so I changed colours and eventually end up with black.


This was much more exciting. (Can you tell all my children were boys?)

So I spent today re-sewing the blocks using a dark charcoal. Now the charm squares are important in their framing. I'll trim and press the rest tomorrow. And start arranging them into their final design, ready for two rows of sashing.






  
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment