Monday 14 April 2014

PPM2 Assembled

I had to take a little time off this weekend and get into the garden before the next April Snowstorm. It was just heaven sitting on my porch this morning with a cup of coffee, in my PJs.

On the home stretch with this one.
After reassembling the blocks with charcoal instead of white, all the blocks received one more piece of sashing and then a finally full length piece joined them together.
So now this quilt sits at 74 x 68.

If I add a 5 or 6 inch border piece it will take up into queen size dimensions. It also give some real scope for how to do some exciting quilting, This is now a very dramatic quilt and the quilting should match.
I ordered some wide backing last week for this quilt. The material was a batik that incorporated blues and greens, as in the charm square used here. I will wait till I get that material before I start the final process of quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment