Saturday 5 April 2014

MY Scaredy Squrriel

This little guy has been haunting me ever since I saw the photo back in early winter.
I finally got my head around the how and finished him up today. The process is similar to most of my animal renditions so I'll simply give you the photos of the journey.

Cheeky little fellow



 

So follow along as I assemble this cute little devil.

Paper pattern
 

Cloth cartoon
 
 At this point the Red highlights were added to the basic cartoon.

Body stitching with bobbin colours showing to add depth and multi colour

Placed on the background
 After a lot of the background, or body stitching was complete, the cartoon was placed on the background. It was necessary at this point to be able to have the edge stitching  (fur) pass onto the background. At this point too most of the possible distortion had been tamed.

14 different colours
All that as left to do at this point was to stitch the background for dimension, add a suggestion of trees and add a little additional shading to the rump of the squirrel. What did I use? Crayon.

No comments:

Post a Comment