Friday 25 April 2014

Harbingers of Spring Final - Sold

One of the reasons I stopped yesterday was I was unhappy with the three crocus that were meant to be the feature in the piece. They simply were not the feature. Overnight I decided to replace them with machine applique in 3 different batik. To cover the thread painting, they needed to be a little larger so I sketched them onto freezer paper as a trial.

I assembled them off the piece, gluing down the edges as I turned them and gluing the pieces to each other so they would cover the original. I machine quilted them with a blanket stitch, one that I like to use with applique, using a higher contrast thread in some areas and matching the batik colour in others.

I was a little surprised I didn't reduce the size much, but instead added a flange of pale spring green and finished it in charcoal.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment