Sunday 25 November 2018

Starting a New Piece - Chekamus River Canyon

When I start a new piece, I need to get everything sorted in my mind.
It takes a while to get everything in sinc.
This is what I've decided to attempt.


This photo was taken in BC last summer by my son, the climber. He spent 4 months in Squamish ..................  climbing.
This is the whole photo captured with his phone. I'll probably work to the whole piece and then crop at the end.

There's a lot going on here and it's taken me about a week to settle on this particular photo. Most of the time is taken thinking about method and fabrics and detail.
And size.
This seems to call for larger, perhaps larger than I've attempted before
It could be done as a split piece.
Now I've committed to this one ........ I definitely sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment