Sunday 11 November 2018

Al Cote Workshop Piece - Second Time Around

Back in April I attended a workshop to make a 'rug' using a multi fabric stitch and cut technique. Al Cote hails from the Niagara region and has shown and taught for quite awhile.

You may recall, I was really unhappy with the results. It was just................,  blah  😝


This topic had been on my Fibre Arts group agenda for our 'day at the quilt store' bi-yearly event where we shared and taught each other, or finished major projects. We had to cancel because of other commitments but everyone still wanted to try this. At our last evening get together we worked on these pieces.

I can say I'm much happier with my second attempt, delighted even. So after stitching and clipping each 'window', facing and hemming the edges, then washing and drying (with baited breath) its done.


I like it.
I'll use it.

I can't see right now how to incorporate this in the things I usually do.......but.
I'll have to think.
(I may finish the first now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment