Wednesday 7 November 2018

King size Customer Quilt

While this was a lovely quilt to work on, the motifs my friend wanted were larger than the throat of my machine. Now I don't know about other LAs but I really, REALLY hate marking a quilt. I double tested the water erasable pens in many spots and then dove in.

As she wanted a large leafy wreath in the obvious centers of the blocks I drew the guide lines for the vein of the wreath (22 in dia) and how far into the center the leaves would go. Inside that a standard medallion; this one a flower with leaves.

my EQ version to doodle on


center medallion

The rest was vine fill.


Glad to say all the marks came off and my friend took her quilt home to bind. She'll have a very happy daughter this Christmas, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment