Monday 12 November 2018

CQA Group Project - Naomi's Boat

I am privileged to know and stitch with a group of very talented ladies from our guild.
Most are very quiet about their work but in the approximate 10 yrs we come together they all have brought fresh eyes to the various projects we've tackled.
Last September I twisted a few arms and minds and most of us agreed to try a composite piece for the CQA Quilt Exhibition in Ottawa, next June.

Right from the start those of us familiar with 'calls for entry' made it clearly understood there was a definite and ever looming deadline for this. In our case, (while the applications are now open,) we're targeting the closing date of January 31.

This is what the group chose.


The picture was taken by Naomi's husband. He's really tickled pink we chose his photo.

Those more experienced in deadlines and competitions deliberately pushed for quick decisions so the project didn't get over thought or hurdles raised to our completion of this.

It was enlarged and divided into 8 slices and distributed with only one common fabric.

I know most have been working on this, and when I finally got a break in 'Life', I too dove in.
I drew the second slice. It has a touch of the stern of the boat but is primarily vegetation.


As is my way, I colour blocked the background and under colours.

 Starting from the top I began working the branches in the background.


Today I worked down to where I now need to 'manufacture' some rose hips on a wild rugosa.
Everything is simple glue-tacked.
That was a good place to stop today.





No comments:

Post a Comment