Thursday 15 November 2018

Naomi's boat - Day 4

We had a quick meeting yesterday just to see how were we're all progressing.
We exchanged a lot of ideas, borrowed some fabrics from each other and went home all ready to work.

I had progressed down to the start of the grassy area and stopped there. I hadn't decided how to handle it. There are only three of us that have a lot of grass so I exchanged a few ideas with them.

I knew I wanted to use thread but I didn't want to put down more netting. Instead I sandwiched some cut threads in a washable stabilizer sandwich.


That I placed under some hooped netting and stitched just enough for ease of handling and to anchor the threads.


After rinsing and drying it (with an iron..I'm an impatient sort) I placed it, netting side down. I glue tacked more branches and leaves over top. There was enough glue involved ( ironed hot to spread and set) to anchor the whole thing in place.



This needs about three times as much but I like the look and the ease of the method. It's really easy to tweak the colours of the grasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment