Thursday 7 June 2018

Wooly Bears in Series

While my Cave Bear is finished, I'm going to hang on to him for a while.
I need some smaller versions to send to my sister, so I went back to a template I used for the thread painted bears and traced it onto black cotton.


I decided to dispense with the stabilizer as these are much smaller.

A hour's work with the simplicity machine gave me the base and I then I needled the edges roughly in place before I cut them apart.


They will be finished when I personalize each bear.


I'm making 5

I've learned that making multiples gets very tiresome and mind numbing so I took a page from a Art teacher whose wedding I attended almost 30 yrs ago.
She wanted to give a piece of her art to all her guests as a Wedding Favour. Rather than painting 50, she painted one long panorama and sliced it up.
That's what I decided to do.






So here's the background. It's about half done. Each piece will end up being approximately 9"x12" Working it once is going to be much easier than working it 5 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment