Saturday 23 June 2018

Needled Grizzly - Day 2

I really only work on this for a few hours in the morning. The repeated needling starts to get tiresome and if you get sloppy in the angles, you break the needles. The last project with the five bears, I broke 8 needles.
(Fortunately my Internet Hunter has found a cheap source and keeps me in needles.)

I'm working on colour blocking. This is the undercoat of the fur. The detail will come later, but for now its a fairly easy and fun job.

I'm using a combination of wool here. The piece of fleece I'm pulling from has several colours.




For the light and more orange/gold I'm supplementing the fur with Alpaca and Merino rovings. These are finished and for my purpose too straight. So that they don't appear different from the Shetland, I run them quickly through my combs with a piece of lighter Shetland.

No comments:

Post a Comment