Sunday, 14 February 2016

GCQ - I went Bigger!

All it took was 10 minutes of choosing the fabric and pinning it in place.


Looks great but.....
I did draw trimming lines down each side in black marker a few days ago. I could stitch with colours over them and it would muddy the lines enough they would disappear.

 or

I could add two trees.

This won't take much to blend them in.
And in the end...if I do decide I want less left bottom.......I can cut it all off.
2:00pm
Spent most of the day working up to two edges to blend them into the centre.
After thread painting white, black and silver leaves over snippets of cloth leaves, I added green gauze and finished the edges with evergreens.
Once the two new tree trunks are given wool and stitching, everything will be at the same place and I can move on to finish.
I Do like this bigger.
New right edge

New left edge


Edge trees stitched and stained with ink