Wednesday 18 February 2015

Winter Road - Day 5

This piece took on a life of its own.
The hills came from the folds that formed in the battering and materials. In the end, I was quilting much heavier than when I began so I went back over a few areas.
The sky was totally puckered from all the heavy stitching. I couldn't decide what colour, if any, I should stitch and in the end I went with mono filament.
I started with parallel lines but soon decided the impression of bigger hills would be more effective. That left me with a piece that has a very different technique and feel in the sky from the bottom.

While I was out this morning I took note of how badly chewed the roads were, so I transferred some of that to my road to tame it and flatten it out.

Very interesting exercise.  50 Shades of White..and Grey!

You have no idea how difficult it is to photograph this so the colours are balanced. White is NOT white!
I still like the original photo graph and though this is a long way from that, I do like it. It IS dramatic and it needs a dramatic frame. too.
 Hmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment