Tuesday 10 February 2015

Another Day and Another Project

Blessed be the coffee bean as it helps me open my eyes. HOWEVER, after sitting and enjoying several cups while looking out the window, .........at the snow........I decided I would NOT work on the cold winter scene.

So I dove into a BABY QUILT for my , as yet, unborn grand niece. (due April)
Now her mother has very strong views on how this unknown personality is going to grow up. NO PINK, NO FRUFRU, NO LITTLE BABY CUTSEY STUFF.

(HA! Wait till she visits s friend who has a princess dress.................. it will be an epic struggle)!

But I did listen and I will assemble something I know will please her. Mom grew up and played in Western Canada. She wanted something to typify the animals found there. No cartoons but REAL pictures of REAL bears and deer and fish and..........the list goes on.
But finding these pictures was not easy. I had to hunt.
I persevered and with some help from my friends I gathered material that will work. (I think I'll have to replenish my green vegetation after this.


Cut for 9 patch
I found a line that is actually sold as camouflage stuff. I'm sure its not real as it was a light cotton, so camouflage for little boys? and men who are still little boys???? LOL
I fussy cut all the animals I could salvage from a half yard cut.
Working towards a 9 inch 9 patch, I had to enlarge each of the pictures. I added a thin white edge to all.

 
And then started assembling the 9 patch.



They look pretty good and I have enough to assemble a baby sized quilt.
BUT WAIT.......this is just the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment